1.03.2004

if you're not loaded
cuz needles are expensive here's something i found on about.com

by Clarissa Pardon
Make Your Own Needles

I found a great way to get the size needles I want with out shelling out big bucks. I buy the miniature dowel rods, in an assortment of sizes (for about a buck a bag) and take them home and sharpen in my electric pencil sharpener. Why pay up to 50 bucks on needles that I could get a whole set and range of sizes for only five?


also: don't forget to rub your dowels with beeswax (you can use part of an old candle sitting around) and rub it in with a cloth. this will make your new knitting needles slick like bamboo ones. also you can put a rubber band at the end to keep the yarn on or sharpen both sides for double pointed needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home